Client : IT Industry
Title : Optical Design & Development Engineer
Location : Webster, NY – 14580
Duration : 12 Months (Possible of Extension)
Hiring Manager is looking for – Optical Design & Development Engineer / Senior Optical Design & Development Engineer / Optical Systems Engineer / Senior Optical Systems Engineer / Optical Engineer / Senior Optical Engineer / Optical Designer / Senior Optical Designer / Electro-Optics Group Leader / Senior Electro-Optics Group Leader / Optical Scientist / Senior Optical Scientist / Filter Design Engineer / Thin Film Design Engineer
• Using the latest modeling tools to design & analyze the effects of various component critical specifications on the imaging system critical parameter performance
• Work with engineering staff to develop and validate critical parameters and specifications for imaging systems
• Assist in the development of opto-mechanical & opto-electronic test methods and fixturing for critical parameter optimization & validation
• Direct & assist lab technicians to perform optimization & validation testing of; optical subsystems, and imaging system debug & troubleshooting using a range of laboratory test equipment and fixtures (CCD cameras, radiometers, spectroradiometers, spatial scanning fixtures, MTF lens benches, monochromators, interferometers and LabView-based software)
• Establish optical component drawing specifications and negotiate optical performance & manufacturability with vendors.
• Minimum BS/ MS preferred in Optics with Minimum GPA, 3.0
Skills & Experience:
• Familiarity with optical systems/ components and their design, lasers, image sensors, optical & mathematical modeling software (Code V, LightTools, Zemax, Matlab).
• Ability to implement basic problem solving to complex problems
• Ability to learn new lab instrumentation & document its operation
• Participate/ lead the planning and execution of lab experimentation
• Perform statistical analysis of lab data and demonstrate correlation with theoretical calculations
• Must be a team player, be responsive, have initiative, have strong communication skills and good MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint skills
• Prior experience interacting with prospective and existing customers and deriving the requirement specifications from ideas and qualitative descriptions is a plus
• LabVIEW programming skills is a plus
Should you have any questions, feel free to call Rohit Singh on 973-774-7809 or please send me your updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to working with you.
LinkedIn Profile Link – https://www.linkedin.com/in/rohit-singh-9250b1106/