Job Title Data Engineer – Senior
Location Austin, TX
Duration 6 months – Contract to Hire
What you’ll do:
• Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics
• Proactively engage our teams to support our most important projects and initiatives with the data needed to inform the decision-making process
• Working with data engineers, you will design datasets and metrics to measure and optimize products
• Working with data engineering, you will build and own the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible
• Design, build, maintain and iterate a suite of visual dashboards to track key metrics and enable self-service data discovery
• Collaborate with, and mentor, data engineers to build efficient data pipelines and impactful visualizations
• Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
• Partner with lead user researchers, product managers, designers, and engineers who are passionate about success
• Contribute to the development of the University and the wider analytics community
• Work from our offices in Austin
You have the technical expertise required for the role:
• Significant experience in designing analytical data layers and in conducting ETL with very large and complex data sets
• Very high level of expertise with Tableau desktop software (techniques such as LOD calculations, calculated fields, table calculations, and dashboard actions)
• High level of ability in JSON, SQL
• Experience with Python is a must
• Experience with Excel (Vlookups, pivots, macros, etc.)
• Experience with xAPI is a plus
• Ability to leverage HR systems such as Workday, Salesforce etc., to execute the above responsibilities
• Understanding of statistical analysis, quantitative aptitude and the ability to gather and interpret data and information
• You are an expert in data visualization
• You have a strong business sense and you are able to translate business problems to data driven solutions with minimal oversight
• You are capable of tackling loosely defined problems with energy
• You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, enjoys mentoring and teaching others and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
Must Have Skills
• Have been in a senior role that have lead teams.
• 7+ years of development experience – full stack. Python, Java, Rest API's. Linux. JSON, SQL, Excel(vlookups, pivots, macros).
• 2-4 years of experience in Tableau – leverage platforms and know the architecture to build out dashboards.
• Open to a chance they have to hop on early or later in day for a global call.
• Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science/Engineering