Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 1+ Year
The Dev Ops Engineer will be involved in the Infrastructure, Deployment and Development operations through automation for the digital systems and supporting software tools.
• Automation of repeatable processes where possible
• Work with team to design, build and support a robust internal PAAS (platform as a service) capability
• Evangelize the principles and mindset of DevOps, drive and support various projects and initiatives
• Identify and plan for optimization of resources and cost reduction wherever possible
• Recommend and prove the best technology practices, principles and tools for the job
• Apply experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex Operations challenges.
• Inspire, educate and mentor more junior engineers, helping them grow and build a solid foundation for their career.
• Effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
• Always look for ways to empirically measure the outcome of the work we complete
• Champion continuous improvements in Operations capabilities
• Strong experience in automation for the Enterprise.
• Strong experience in Chef, Ruby, Apache/Tomcat, Linux and open source technology stacks.
• Experience with pertinent software tools (Jenkins, Go, Nexus, Vagrant, Docker, etc.)
• Proven ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability and operational scalability
• Experience with Test Driven Development practices and frameworks
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery principles, practices, tools and process
• Expertise in modern cloud infrastructure, APIs and virtualization concerns is essential
• Ability to render system design details in sequence and flow diagrams and other forms of documentation when required
• Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
• Ability to communicate complex architectures and insights in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Ability to work in an agile, multi skill team of top talents
• Security design, architecture, and operations
• Cloud Infrastructure and Enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent real life experience in IT infrastructure
Chef, Ruby, Apache/Tomcat, Linux