Job Title: Engineer - 21 — (8837690)
Duration: 6 months
Location: Hodges, SC 29653
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Summary: Tooling engineering/process engineering role responsible for developing tooling from order to delivery working with both internal and external pattern shops.
• Will develop gating, riser, chilling geometry and processes for individual part numbers that fit within the capability of the foundry processing equipment.
• Delivery of successful process to production line in order to achieve high first pass yield on PPAP validations.
• Delivery of finished casting processes (gating, rigging designs) to move through PPAP validation.
• Education/Experience: Degree in foundry technology or engineering and 2-4 years’ experience.
• In lieu of technical training, 7-9 years of foundry process engineering experience is required along with direct experience designing rigging for new castings.
• 1-2 years of experience must be in sand cast iron processes and air set molding.
• Software: Creo, Magma, Office 360 (Outlook, Skype)
Skills and Competencies: Self guided, assertive, strong decision making skills: willing to make a decision on the fly with best information available.
• Works well in a dynamic team environment and flexibility to deal with changing environment of a START-UP FACILITY
Process Engineering, Engineering