Job Title : Disaster Recovery Analyst
Work Location Irving, TX
Day to Day:
• The Enterprise Technology Organization is seeking a Disaster Recovery &
Business Continuity Analyst (DR/BCP) with 3-5 years of experience
developing Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP)and Disaster Recovery
• The DR/BCP Analyst position supports and assists in the development,
implementation and operations of client strategic and tactical DR/BCP
services and solutions.
• Individual may be called upon to provide specialized subject matter expertise
and assist less experienced project resources with requirements and DR/BCP
plan development methods.
• Ideally the candidate will be able to provide examples from past experiences
to assist with rapid plan development of tasks.
• This resource will be a part of the ServiceNow group. With Go Live just
around the corner they are integrating ServiceNow capabilities throughout the
company; digital teams will use it to help support store employees, the HR
team will use it for their employees, the legal team will use it to interact with
• Conduct Plan Development Interviews – the individual will conduct Plan
Development interviews with the Enterprise Technology management team, to
include Infrastructure Team, System Operations Team, System Network Team
and if appropriate facilities personnel. These interviews are to determine
assumptions and recoverability expectations, validate current state, validate
current operating process including backup procedures, validate network
concerns and perform site surveys for production and recovery site locations.
• Complete Plan Development Templates, Data Collection & Deliver the Plan –
the individual will develop and provide a plan checklist, data collection forms
and a plan template to the client to facilitate the project activities. Upon
completion of the data collection sheets by the client resources, the individual will populate the DR plan templates to allow implementation of the disaster
• Exercise the COOP Plan (BCP) and IT Disaster Recovery Plan and
Postmortem Review – the individual will facilitate and actively participate in the
exercise of the developed COOP and IT Disaster Recovery Plan. If the
exercise is not successful, the individual will work with the Tier 1 teams to
recommend required modifications required to prepare for another exercise.
The individual would facilitate a postmortem review of the test and distribute a
• Disaster Rec & Contingency Planning
• ITIL V3
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the Information
• Minimum 3-5 years direct experience in building Disaster Recovery plans is
• Skills and experience in developing business impact analysis, risk
assessments, recovery strategies, process flow and dependency mapping
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with the drive to create a plan
and meet deadlines.
• Ability to interact and work effectively with employees across all locations
within the organization.
• Proficient skills in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and
• Basic understanding of networking and servers.
• Experience with ISO standards, SOX, and Compliance rules and regulations
• Work with team to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and
strategy that complies with professional standards and addresses the project
• Maintains relationships with Customer Support Center management to
manage expectations of service including work products, timing, and value to
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of complex information systems and
apply to client situations. Uses extensive knowledge business/industry to
identify industry regulation, technological developments and evaluate impact
on store business.
• Demonstrates excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and
responsibility with engagement team members, and uses current technology
and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service
• Ability to work with an expedited delivery schedule and ability to
motivate/encourage client resources to assist with maintaining a schedule.
• Experience running training exercises.
• Proven ability to interface with executive management and staff at all levels.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
• Excellent understanding of computer systems and networks to include but not
limited to network operations centers, client/server, LAN, WAN, etc.
• Understanding of network security, including firewalls and VPNs
• Work side by side with Critical Incident Management so as to enact DR/BCP
• Facilitate/coordinate quarterly reviews, updates, and signoffs to ensure
completion of critical recovery documentation of infrastructure consistent with
approved corporate policies, standards, and procedures. Follow up on signoffs
to validation that all critical backups are scheduled and completed.
• Work collaboratively with IT personnel (e.g. Enterprise Infrastructure &
Applications Teams) to track and remediate issues identified during annual
Disaster Recovery exercises. Manage and complete internal and external
• Assist with Critical Incident Management events and communication both
internally and externally
• Assist in managing recovery during a disaster or incident as needed.
• Candidates must be flexible to work overnight, and weekend coverage shifts.
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity