• Leads the development of highly complex equipment and tooling concepts and specifications to satisfy aerospace product design and build requirements.
• Leads design reviews, design requirement collection, drawing creation and revision.
• Researches the application of robotics, automation and new technology to support the build plan.
• Creates off-load packages, specifications, purchase requests and usage instructions for equipment and tooling.
• Checks designs for compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
• Establishes and validates spares requirements. Leads the implementation of best practices into functional process documentation to drive standard work. Oversees the development and documentation of equipment and tooling inspection and usage instructions, preventative maintenance plans, and user training. Provides technical direction to support engineering changes and discrepancy resolution. Oversees the maintenance of hardware and software configuration. Assesses and makes recommendations for disposition of equipment and tooling.
• AA degree in related discipline and typically 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.