Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Duration: Long-Term contract
• As member of Accessory Engineering department, you will be responsible for development of our client’s genuine electrical / electronic accessory parts.
• This includes any tasks related to development of accessory parts within a vehicle system from concept stage until release for production and maintenance.
Key job responsibilities:
• This includes any tasks related to development of accessory parts within a vehicle system from concept stage until release for production and maintenance
• Project management of assigned accessory part development to achieve program cost, quality, development timing targets
• Feasibility studies along with cost estimations for new accessory parts
• Electronics circuit design and cost estimating for use in Technical Files to reduce accessory part cost
• Review of existing supplier circuit designs for quality and cost to eliminate potential quality issues and identify potential cost savings
• Participate in and/or conduct design reviews for spec development, product design, and product verification
• Ability to coordinate and conduct vehicle installation trials including troubleshooting and hands-on work
• Ensure all supplier issues are closed though trouble-shooting, root cause analysis and counter-measure verification
• Lead cross-functional teams to implement design and manufacturing changes.
• Planning and management of component and system-level validation testing (EMC and Environmental)
• Test and certification report generation
• Lead and /or participate in manufacturing build confirmation and audits. Some travel needed
• Full understanding of “Design for Manufacturability” and Design for Testing”
• Development of DFMEA and PFMEA
• Basic understanding of CAN Network Tools desired
• BS in Electrical Engineering degree
• Min 3 years of directly related professional experience
• Knowledge of Electronic component design
• Ability to use common electronics test equipment (O-Scopes, Data Acquisition, etc)
• Must be able to independently manage suppliers and project development
• Understanding and ability to apply basic Mechanical Engineering principles
• Understanding of basic ANPQP requirements
• Ability to monitor and meet part cost targets
• MS Office tools.