Job Title Design Engineer
Location Farmington Hills, MI
Duration Direct Hire
• 3D/2D Design of Bearing products using various CAD software programs (CATIA V5 / NX)
in accordance with, industry and customer specific design standards; demonstrate strong level of design acumen and application of CAD tools.
• Lead/Support department objectives (ex. VA/VE, DFMEA, Warranty Reduction) with emphasis to optimize product design for robustness, manufacturing and cost while meeting customer
• Perform various engineering calculations and analysis using internal software tools as well as
industry standard tools/methods such as GD&T, Tolerance Stacking, FMEA, DRBFM, FEA, etc.
• Maintain all applicable CAD, PDM (SmarTeam/TeamCenter) and data exchange systems, as well
as material data reporting (IMDS) specific to internal and customer requirements for all assigned
• Adhere to all department work instructions, TS guidelines, customer specific requirements and policies and procedures. Participate in annual internal and external auditing activity related to Design Engineering for the ISO/TS-IATF16949 and ISO14001 quality systems.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree (BSME preferred) in Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of Design experience; automotive industry is preferred.
• Moderate knowledge of automotive power train or driveline systems.
• Must have strong CATIA V5 3D/2D or NX 3D/2D skills and desire for CAD.
• Fundamental understanding of various manufacturing processes.
• Moderate knowledge of GD&T, Tolerance Stacking, DFMEA, IMDS, VA/VE.
• Must be highly motivated, very detail oriented and possess excellent organizational, time management, communication and problem solving skills.