• The Accountant III is responsible for statutory and financial accounting and ensuring numbers roll up in a sensible form and in line with standard processes, and for SOX 404 testing and compliance.
• The Accountant II oversees the General Ledger for a part or all of a Legal Entity and co-ordinates the basic accounting functions required to support it including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Accountant will maintain the financial ledger of a legal entity in compliance with local laws/GAPs, tax codes, government regulations and filing requirements.
• Ensure Journals are booked to reflect financial activities in compliance with above same (may include some or all of: accruals, fixed assets, stock/inventory, accounts receivables, accounts payables, expenses, and payroll)
• Ensure timely and defect-free account reconciliations.
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
• Ensure all expenses paid & recorded in SAGE ERP system, ensuring compliance within SOPs and business/company policies. Participate in regular balance sheet reviews and variance analyses
• Provide accurate and timely statutory & management reporting
• Provide reporting for Corporate/Business requests
• Participate in controllership initiatives and internal and external audit projects
• Coordination of monthly journal entries for a division of a Legal Entity & coordination of monthly/quarterly close & reporting Implementation of Controllership tools and processes Liaison with Accounting team(s) and internal/external audit to support local VAT, Statutory and Tax compliance Implementation of Business/Company policies Identify potential risks & opportunities & and communicate effectively
• Interpret finance risks & opportunities to local circumstances & present workable solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field and 5 years progressive accounting or finance experience; OR high school diploma / GED and 5 years accounting or finance experience.