Client Network Cloud Connectivity team is looking for Engineers to build the networks and software that manages and monitors one of the world’s largest and most complex enterprise networks. Our goal is to become the premier infrastructure platform in the industry – achieving this goal requires high-leverage, scalable software systems. Client IT’s success depends on our world-class network infrastructure, and our network depends on our Network Program teams. The Network Cloud Connectivity team builds cloud networking for Client and the software that manages it.
• You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for the automation of deploying network infrastructure across all our cloud network fabrics that support the Client business.
• Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global cloud providers. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
• Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Solving problems at scale excites you.
• You automate and innovate. You don’t implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to your customers and design solutions to their problems.
• You code the infrastructure and automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale.
• You do not push just one technology agenda – you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
• You believe that the craft of software engineering and infrastructure as code is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they’re a core part of writing great software.
• You don’t throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of your customers.
• You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
• Core Internet technologies, i.e. TCP/IP network stack, routing
• Cloud connectivity and network infrastructures
• Designing reliable, secure, global public cloud-based networks
• IP networking technologies, routers, switches and the application of routing protocols. (BGP)
• Distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and web and other network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS)
• Problem solving and coding skills, e.g. Python, Ruby, Powershell
• REST API development and consumption