Please find details for this position below:
Client : Aerospace
Title : Senior HSE Engineer
Location : Arlington, TX
Duration : 06 Months + (could be contract to hire for the right candidate)
Looking for – Senior HSE Engineer
• Ability to influence at all levels of the ISC and HSE organization through partnership and developing strong direct and indirect relationships at all sites.
• Decisive decision maker who promptly deals with issues.
• Ability to grasp technical and site HSE issues and risks and turn into site ISC site action plans.
• Solid level of Business Acumen, able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the integrated relationships across the HSE function and business.
• Deploy SPS Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems to ensure compliance with corporate requirements.
• Partner with leaders to continuously improve HSE culture, awareness and accountability systems.
• Lead and participates in various project teams.
• Develop and deploy HSE procedures, training, internal and external communications in concert with Corporate, business and regulatory requirements.
• Support incident investigation activities, root cause analysis, corrective action identification and closure.
• Work closely with leaders to measure and communicate HSE performance.
• Monitor trends and champions injury/illness reduction.
• Implement strategies and tactics for successful management of injury/illness cases and costs reductions.
• Participate in HSE inspections, self-assessments, and audits.
• Present findings to management and prepares applicable reports.
• Track corrective actions to closure.
• Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Engineering or related field required.
• 5 or more years of health, safety, and environmental experience, with progressively increasing responsibility.
• 3 or more years of manufacturing experience.
• Certification in safety, health, or environmental field.
• Lean Six Sigma Experience.
• Thorough understanding of HSE regulatory requirements and professional best practices.
• Mature judgment and decision-making ability, with strategic and tactical HSE experience.
• Must have exceptional skills in building interpersonal relationships, including high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (training/presentation, leadership coaching, facilitation, team collaboration, communication).