• Efficiently and accurately review legal invoice entries.
• Receive legal bill assignments from any team lead or senior manager(s) and/or work the intake queue for self-assignments.
• Verify the compliance to legal billing guidelines by law firms and vendor submitting invoices.
• Verify the accuracy of the UTBMS task codes (Fee, Activity and Expense codes) applied to invoice line items.
• Document reasons for any adjustments made to invoice line items, identifying the billing guideline violated and the rationale for the amount adjusted.
• Forward the audited legal bill through the review chain as required.
• Support internal senior manager(s) in addressing requests for reconsideration of adjusted amounts by law firms.
• Support internal senior manager(s) in documenting performance metrics for internal use and use with clients and law firms.
• Paralegal Certification or Bachelor’s Degree in Legal related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
• 2 years of experience in a legal services environment
• Experience with LEGAL billing processes.
• Firm understanding of the federal and/or state rules of civil procedure.
• Insurance defense and civil litigation experience preferred.