• The successful candidate will work within the squad model focused on ensuring the quality, stability, and reliability of the delivered applications. Each Squad has full autonomy regarding how it goes about delivering its long and short-term goals, ensuring both alignment and autonomy. In addition, we will look to the Quality Test Engineer III to aid in the implementation of the test strategy, and to plan and execute effective and efficient performance and automation testing.
• Develop and execute manual and automated testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification.
• Interact with Product Management and Engineering teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
• Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
• Work with QA/Testing staff, product managers, development leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute automated and performance tests.
• Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly.
• Ensure that testing addresses requirements as agreed with other stakeholders.
• Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
• Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
• Research and identify root causes of performance issues.
• Cooperate in the enhancement of the methodologies employed for test planning and execution, defect tracking, and metric and status reporting.
• Work across teams to enhance quality assurance/testing and help to develop/execute performance and automation testing throughout the business as appropriate.
• Identify areas for improvement and, with leadership, peers, or others, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency.
• Strong understanding of QA methodologies
• 2+ years experience manual testing webservices / API testing using Postman, SoapUI, or similar tool.
• Experience with webservice test automation using Rest Assured preferred.
• 3+ years experience developing automated tests with Java and Selenium. Experience with C# is nice to have.
• Experience developing and executing performance and automation testing for large scale projects.
• Experience working on lean/agile delivery teams.
• Experience with SQL, Jira, and Zephyr preferred.
• Experience with source control tools - Git (preferred).
• Experience with Cloud platforms (especially AWS) preferred.
• Experience with build and release management tools preferred.
• Strong knowledge of the software development process.
• Strong knowledge of process improvement.
• Understanding of industry trends.
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
• Strong research skills (tools/root cause analysis).
• Good oral and written communication.
• High attention to detail.