Job Title: Data Warehouse Developer/ETL-Informatica
Duration: 12 Months (Extension and Conversion for right fit)
Location: New York, NY
• Data Warehouse Developer will be involved in eliciting requirements.
• Participate in application design, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure
• Write code, test and debug software applications
• Participate in code reviews
• Coordinate with release management and other development teams in the group
• Delivery of quality applications delivered on time and built in compliance with corporate policies and procedures
• Work with business and technology teams to analyze requirements, estimate, plan, and design solutions. Develop complex workflows and mappings using Informatica ETL and shell scripts to satisfy the business requirements.
• Develop web services for Data Warehouse and implement near real-time warehousing solutions.
• Performing intensive data analysis.
• Will also support the Enterprise Data Warehouse batch cycle and any required changes to the schedule.
• Will assist the team by helping them in the data analysis requests, internal controls, performance tuning, BI requests.
• Lead medium sized projects, lead peer code reviews for all ETL changes. Design, Code, Test, schedule, and Implement project using Informatica/Oracle ETL.
• Interact with users to identify their requirements and deliver results appropriately.
• Debug and troubleshoot production issues.
• Demonstrated requirements elicitation and analysis experience.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving abilities and multitasking capabilities.
• Ability to perform well in high pressure, time-sensitive environments, strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and document business processes.
3-5 years experience performing the following:
• Must have a BA/BS degree.
• Full system development life cycle (SDLC) experience
• Technical team leader experience
• Strong background in data and business intelligence project work
• Expert with SQL and PL/SQL
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or similar
• Very strong database experience
• Experience in SSIS, SSRS, SSAS required
• Experience of SQL Server 2012/2014 and/or SQL Server 2014 T-SQL is required
• Agile development experience using unit testing and debugging skills required
• Experience in developing high transaction ,high volume Data Base system desired
• Be able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Experienced with Oracle databases
• Reading and creating dimensional data models (Star Schemas)
• Reading and creating traditional Codd 3rd Normal Form data models
• Experience with Informatica PowerCenter
• Experience in designing dimensional data models, preparing written design documents, developing extract/transform/load routines using either PL/SQL or Informatica PowerCenter
• Testing ETL and reports of others for quality assurance, and migrating releases into testing and production environments.
• ETL Lead with hands-on experience in designing and implementing data warehouses and data marts for large financial institutions.
• Experience leading a development team to implement high-quality solutions using Informatica and Business Objects and related database technology such as DB2, Oracle.