• Guiding the team(s) and the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
• Guiding the team(s) on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Guiding the team(s) on self-organizing to fully realize the potential of Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team(s) and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Removing impediments or guiding the team(s) to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Mentor junior Scrum Masters towards improvement
• First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I, SAFe Agilest or Practitioner)
• 5 years of experience in a Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for eliciting change in team behavior (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)