• Participates in the research, analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex computer network security/protection technologies for company information and network systems/applications.
• Assists customers in identifying security solutions for the company's networks and virtual private networks, application systems, key public infrastructures, authentication and directory services to ensure the security of the network and confidential data.
• Performs periodic vulnerability scans of networks to identify security vulnerabilities and provides remediation alternatives and conducts security risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and adherence to best practices.
• Performs round-the-clock intrusion detection monitoring of company networks and systems.
• Participates in computer security incident response activities and the technical investigations of security-related incidents.
• Participates in the evaluation of vendor proposals, new and existing security designs, and emerging security technologies and systems.
• May provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.: 5+ years of experience in security applications and systems.
This position would be on my team that performs testing and evaluation on security applications (IDS/IPS, content filtering, etc.), firewalls, and firewall management. That being said 5 must haves:
• Attention to detail and excellent writing skills. This position will need to record results from running test cases.
• Critical thinking skills to come up with proper test cases based on testing requirements. Customers provide requirement and we determine how to verify the product performs as expected.
• Linux experience. Experience with python scripting a plus.
• Self-motivated/intrinsically motivated. I don’t micromanage and this team moves too fast for someone that needs to be directed constantly.
• Wide breadth of vendor application experience. RSA Netwitness, Symantec/Blue Coat appliance, Palo Alto, Check Point, Cisco ASA/CSM, Fireeye, etc. Also solid understanding of routing and switching. I’m more interested in someone who has had to pick up lots of things. We can teach specialization but I can’t teach motivation.