Manages engagement of projects with performance testing teams early in the project lifecycle by development of risk-based performance test strategies, requirements and provides recommendations.
Manages changes to performance test strategies, requirements, and resource funding based on project changes.
Ensures performance test requirements are met, and completed, by the performance testing team
Provides expert input into risk-based prioritization and planning of performance engineering services early in the project lifecycle.
Leads identification of causes of performance-related issues in performance testing and manage
Provides expert input into the identification of causes of performance-related issues in production, and manage performance testing of fixes.
• Broad performance engineering experience (modeling, tuning, diagnostics, monitoring, etc.)
• Broad performance engineering tool experience (Wily, Compuware, IBM-Filenet/Websphere Portal, dynaTrace, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of all feature functional/capabilities of Performance Center.
• 5 years of software performance engineering and testing experience and 7+ years as a PE test manager
• Managed PE Test teams of 10-30 resources
• Deep understanding of the software development process and applicable PE tools – Performance Center and diagnostic tools
• Strong knowledge of project management tools such as Quality Center, JIRA, Rally
• Proven ability to lead PE / testing projects of all sizes
• Prior experience implementing enterprise wide process improvements in support of testing and software development
• Excellent written and verbal communication across all levels from junior members to senior management
• Understanding of database technologies – SQL, Oracel, Exadata, etc.