Position: DOCSIS Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Contract; extensions and perm possible
Location: Englewood, CO 80112
5-7+ years network engineering experience
Strong routing & switching skills
Knowledge of CPE (customer premise equipment)
- Work as a member of a team of engineers responsible for supporting DOCSIS products, services and technology.
- The individual will be a key contributor to the validation and testing of DOCSIS platforms and features to include Cisco cBR8, Casa C100G, Arris/Comscope E6000K, DAA, EPON OLT/R-OLT.
- This position will be responsible for testing and integration of multiple vendor products into the company’s HFC and FTTX networks.
- Hands on work in a lab or cable system environment are required to validate test plans and configurations before service deployment.
- Participation in industry working groups and technical forum related to technology development and standards.
- The individual will also support vendors with product and service requirements based on the company’s business needs and internal customer requests.
- The position requires strong technical skills working knowledge of DOCSIS Specifications including the following technologies; DOCSIS 1.0, DOCSIS 1.1, DOCSIS 2.0, DOCSIS 3.0, DOCSIS 3.1.
- Member of a team of engineers responsible for DOCSIS systems, and Automation Testing Infrastructures.
- Responsible for testing, evaluation, integration and configuration of DOCSIS platforms, as well as L2-L3 environments.
- Ability to accomplish activities related to system design, equipment configuration and installation, integration, testing and service validation prior to commercial deployment.
- Develop documentation related to design and proper configuration of system components.
- Troubleshoot and analyze transport, networking and software configurations.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to division and field engineering personnel as necessary to insure the timely deployment of new technology.
- Represent the company’s business interests in a wide variety of settings and relationships including company management, business partners, vendors, regulatory bodies and industry organizations.
- Provide briefings and project status reports to senior management
Engineering, Management, Automation, Networking, Cisco