Primary Skill: Linux
Secondary Skills: Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Security, C - Programming, Perl, Python, Bash Scripting
• Developing new tools and integrating them within larger frameworks.
• Driving automation through understanding processes and implementing improvements.
• Measuring systems performance and working iteratively to identify key metrics to guide improvement.
• Diagnosis of operational incidents, performing root cause analysis, and working to make engineering change to resolve problems.
• Collaborating with others including Software Engineers, Application Developers, Network Technicians, Delivery Managers, and Program Officers. Engineering is a team sport; we achieve outcomes by working together.
• Presenting your work to peers in your immediate team and to engineers, scientists, and managers across the broader Systems Engineering community.
To be successful for this role, the candidate should have previous experience in the following:
• Proven work experience as a system security engineer or has system engineer background.
• Proven hands-on Security Engineering experience with systems and cloud security infrastructure.
• DevOps exposure is beneficial.
• Application & Cloud Security experience.
• Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
• Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
• Conducting proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
• Strong time management and organisational skills
Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Security, C - Programming, Perl, Python, Bash Scripting