Digital Art Director (Email-focused)
As Digital Art Director you will be responsible for handling projects from concept through execution across all digital media with a primary focus on emails, micro sites, banner ads and video. Reporting to the digital creative lead in the bank’s internal agency, you’ll be collaborating with writers, developers, technology specialists, integrator, art buyers and account leads, as well as other art directors to deliver digital messaging solutions for products and services across many lines of business. You should be able to marry highly creative out-of-the-box thinking with brand/campaign guidelines while understanding both the challenges and opportunities of the digital channel.
Key responsibilities and skills
You should be able to:
• Develop concepts, designs/layouts and campaigns for client projects, applying brand and campaign guidelines and partnering with copywriters to ensure the art direction and visual presentation support the project's strategy.
• Understand target audience’s needs and behaviors while incorporating best practices and channel knowledge to promote the best user experience and results.
• Collaborate with creative, account services, production/art studio, channel/technology partners and extended team members to deliver breakthrough creative solutions.
• Show the flexibility to fulfill design, execution and testing roles.
• Present and sell ideas internally and to clients.
• Be proficient in working with HTML/CSS/JS with a strong understanding of the differences between email vs. web development and how to apply responsive solutions to both.
• Establish job specifications to conform to project scope and budget parameters.
• Maintain job folders, assets and other project-related documentation.
• Work independently as well as in collaboration with teammates.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication.
Your work routinely requires you to:
• Work on Mac but also be proficient on PC.
• Strong proficiency in Sketch and CC suite, primarily Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Animate and After Effects.
• Proficiency with HTML coding for email using tables, inline styles and media queries. And working with testing tools such as Litmus or ReturnPath
• Demonstrate some skills using MPEG Streamclip and HandBrake.
• Use MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint