Looking to fill a permanent role with one of our clients in Fort Mill, SC. Interested candidates please email resume to johnson@Collabera.com.
Job title: VP – Technology Manager
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Seeking highly motivated candidates who are interested in developing a solid understanding of the workings of the investment management business. This position in the firm’s Information Technology team will grant you exposure to many areas of the firm including, technology, data, operations, portfolio management, trading and compliance.
Operating in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, work to control the significant financial risk inherent in securities trading by functioning as liaison between equity securities traders, brokers and custodian banks to ensure all parties are in agreement on trade and settlement details prior to settlement.
- Function as primary liaison for post-trade confirmation of trade details with brokers, ensuring that all executed trades result in the issuance of a broker trade confirmation for each account allocation.
- Function as primary liaison for communication of trade allocation details to custodians and other interested parties.
- Effectively interact with securities traders, brokers and custodian banks to coordinate timely resolution of complex trade problems.
- Determine the cause of mis-matched trades between brokers and custodians and work with the appropriate party to bring the trade details into agreement.
- Coordinate cancel/re-books with traders.Ensure that all issues necessary for successful settlement are resolved.Identify, research and resolve failed trades.
- Establish effective relationships with team members, portfolio managers, traders, brokers and custodians.
- 5+ years of investment operations experience with emphasis on Derivatives
- 5+ years of institutional investment, securities settlement/investment operations experience, or securities trading experience
- Strong working knowledge of buy-side equity securities settlement, financial instruments and markets.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and external parties in a fast-paced, high-risk environment and under extreme deadline pressure
- Working knowledge of the Charles River order management system and Omgeo post-trade processing applications
Specific functions include, but not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of system administration functions of the firm’s portfolio accounting system (APX) including Maintenance of Production/UAT/Development environments
- Resolve and escalate all technical issues between affiliates and third-party custodians and vendors Support core functions such as user onboarding/termination, system performance, system reboots, etc
- Lead and assist strategic business process initiatives as part of a team and individually Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation
- Collaborate with other members of the Information Technology team on strategic initiatives such as EDM, Data Warehousing, Data Governance, Portfolio Management and Execution Management Lead and support Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Processes
Trading,Bloomberg,Reuters,Swap,bonds,derivatives,APX,Information Technology ,IT,technology solutions,Charles River,Data warehousing,Data Governance,EDM,UAT,testing,securities,brokers,trade