• Drive project approval process for assigned carrier projects from FLD to TA. Ensure all test requirements are completed, programmatic and technical issues are resolved and all SW/HW deliverables are provided on time.
• Maintain good stakeholder communication with customers as well as local and global R&D/Sales/Marketing teams.
• Track and execute multiple project schedules, milestones and deliverables simultaneously, for executing wireless products via carrier approval process from Pre-Lab Entry to Technical Approval.
• Work closely with Software, Hardware, UX, Product Management and Quality Assurance Teams using creativity to find solutions to technical and logistical issues.
• Regularly communicate project status and key issues to management and all stakeholders.
• Identify critical and urgent issues correctly and pursue corrective action with all stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Use technical engineering knowledge and experience to understand customer applications, test cases and requirements.
• Collaborate with other team members for best practices and efficiencies.
• Work to address and drive resolution to all post-launch market issues reported by carrier and internal parties. Work with post-launch team to resolve technical issues.
• Track and resolve technical issues reported by wireless operators during the device certification process. Report and track items through issue tracking databases, work with carrier test engineers to replicate failures and collect appropriate data and logs for R&D analysis. Relay issue status to carriers and negotiate scope and timelines to provide fixes.
• Understand technology roadmaps and manage commercialization and launch of new features for carriers. Manage new technology and feature trials for assigned carrier.
Minimum BS degree in related field required
• 5+ years of technical or telecommunications engineering related experience in mobile phone/tablet or related industry
• Technical background and experience working with customers in wireless certification industry
• Android or handset development experience a plus
• Project/Program Management of Software/Hardware products a plus