- Travel to the other clinic locations as needed.
- Review prescriptions issued by providers to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise the pharmacy employees.
- Carry out the pharmacy responsibilities in accordance with the State Plan Board of Pharmacy and the CHCN policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of the state laws concerning the practice of pharmacy.
- Counsel patients as needed on their medications.
- Fill prescriptions and initial every prescription to ensure accuracy
- Keep an accurate inventory of the Astra Zeneca and Alcon medications and other sub-inventories as requested.
- Conduct a monthly inventory of the control medications.
- Report control prescriptions filled to the prescription monitoring program on a bi-weekly basis.
- Sign and date all invoices.
- Pull and mail expired medications to the appropriate place as needed
- Order medications as needed within the allowable budget.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Maintain an active Pharmacist License
- Complete the required CE’s (continuing education credits) to maintain an active license
Pharmacist , Pharmacist License , Pharm, D