- Unit tests to ensure the future reliability of the code
- Present data and dashboards professionally for the web
- Knowledge of large scale application infrastructure technology: database, middleware, batch scheduling, grids, etc.
- Unix/Linux understanding as needed to use tooling and implement applications
- Object-oriented programming practices (OOP)
- Understand the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Agile methodology and Continuous Integration (CI) tooling
- This resource must be an independent worker and self-starter – there will be no hand-holding