Job Title Software Engineer
Duration 12 months with possible extensions
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects.
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data. Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications.
- Implement system software and customize to client requirements.
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans. Code new programs to client’s specifications and create test data for testing.
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs.
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation.
- Provide quality assurance reviews. Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing.
- Experience with Java, Python, C++ and other programming languages.
- Understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and CMSs.
- Performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems. Problem diagnosis and resolution.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- 3+ years of development and product engineering experience designing and developing software
- Strong understanding of the Node execution environment
- Solid experience building and consuming applications on top of RESTful APIs.
- Experience using virtualization technologies/Docker containers and AWS
- Experience with test frameworks such as Jasmine, Jest, Mocha and Chai
- Develop solutions that are high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Experience in building financial applications is preferred
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into technical tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity