Responsible for analyzing and collecting past dues for specified accounts. Negotiates with customers without jeopardizing their relationship to collect all past due invoices.
This duty is performed within significant time restraints in order to increase cash flow and ensure incoming orders are not delayed due to delinquencies. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks. Performs a variety of complicated tasks to minimize financial losses and obtain best possible DSO. Daily activities include establishing objectives, identifying areas of improvement internally and externally. Is proactive in the identification and implementation of process improvement opportunities. Accountable for reconciliations of challenging consignment inventory billings and billing transactions with multiple returns associated. Must have excellent communications skills when dealing with potential frustrated customers and sales reps.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements.Internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
• Responsible for analyzing and collecting on past due accounts and determining which collection tool are to be used depending on the collection strategy assigned for the period. Ascertains the degree of delinquency and collection procedure to follow for all assigned accounts.
• Negotiate with customers without jeopardizing their relationshipto collect all past due money or resolve payment problems. This duty is performed within significant time constraints in order to increase cash flow for the corporation, stay with predetermined standards established by management, and to ensure incoming orders are not delayed due to delinquencies.
• Actively participates in resolving major account issues to maintain strong customer relationships and arrive at a mutually beneficial solution for the customer, sales team and the company.
• Accurately prepares adjustments and or journal entries.
• Researches, determines and implements action necessary to resolve inquiries and claims from customers and sales force.
• Exercises sound judgement and discretion in making all routine decisions to ensure that all claims are handled accurately and to the satisfaction of both parties.
• Works with Sales and Marketing, Cash Applications and Customer Service to ensure disputed claims is resolved without jeopardizing the customer’s relationship. Completes monthly assigned collection strategy. Handles complex reconciliations of consignment billings and billings with multiple returns associated.
• Reconciles accounts in a credit balance which includes researching and reconciling any open invoices or deductions to ensure validity prior to refunding the customer. Works with customers providing backup necessary to resolve and clear any outstanding debit prior to issuing refunds.
Communicates clearly with internal and external customers, displays pleasant cheerful courteous disposition at all times. Take actions necessary to meet department objectives and at the same time continues to build customer loyalty.
• Ensures customers are set up for e-mail invoices and statements and are aware and taking advantage of the on-line support tools.
• Assists customers with Accounts Receivable functionality available. Direct to help increase usage and promote self service.
• Takes corrective action and is actively involved in process improvement teams to correct potential on-going problems. Accurately prepares adjustments to the customer’s accounts. Processes customer refunds and adjustments as needed.
• May assist in training of staff and ensures all new training materials are updated in the SharePoint site.
• Identifies problem accounts and notifies Finance and Sales management of situations that could indicate uncorrectable claims or possible bankruptcy to prevent future losses.
• Ensures credit lines are reduced to eliminate additional Bad Debt expenses. Committed to successfully completing assigned monthly strategies and daily follow-ups.
• Accountable to maintain all accounts on an up-to-date basis status to ensure “clean” audits by internal and outside auditors.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
• 2-5 years minimal experience working in Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, Accounts Payable, or Cash Applications.
• Ability to work independently and plan extensively to meet goals.
• Ability to maintain accuracy consistency and quality in a fast paced, multi tasked environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong billing reconciliation and accounting skills
• Must demonstrate strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
• Must demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and heavy work volume within time constraints.
• Must be self-motivated and approach tasks with a positive pro-active attitude.
• Must have the eagerness and capacity to learn.
• Must display pleasant, cheerful disposition
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Experience dealing with industry account base preferred
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting Field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
SAP, Collector, receivable, Collection/ Customer