Plans, coordinates and performs the most complex accounting functions or responsibilities associated with advanced accounting for the assigned area.
Utilizes advanced principles, techniques and procedures to obtain, assemble, evaluate, interpret, record and analyze financial data of all types and sources ultimately utilized in the preparation of financial statements and/or reports for various regulatory and statutory authorities and for internal management of all levels. Prepares financial reports, pro-forma financial statements and reports, and performs analysis of financial statements as directed. Works with internal and external sources to assure proper understanding and reporting of financial data.
1. Performs a lead role in the establishment and implementation of new or revised accounting policies and procedures.
2. Prepares and analyzes the most complex financial, and regulatory statements for the company(ies) and/or business areas assigned
.3. Responsible for the development and submission of complex accounting and financial transactions required to ensure proper reporting.
4. Ensures the completeness and accuracy of all reports, forms and data provided to internal and external clients/customers
.5. Recommends management actions or alternatives when the analysis of financial statements discloses unfavorable trends, situations or deviations.
6. Keeps informed of changes to GAAP and/or STAT regulatory requirements which ultimately impact the submission of financial statements, reports and other financial data.
7. Under general direction, recommends changes to area(s) of responsibility that would enhance, improve or facilitate job performance, processing or workflow.
8. Under general direction, leads the development and design of new and enhanced systems and processes within the assigned area(s).
9. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of the most complex pro-forma financial data required for compliance with new requirements.
10. Assists management in applying financial data and analysis to the solution of administrative and operating problems.
11. Prepares state and supplemental reporting requirements for the company(ies) and business areas as assigned and required.
12. Prepares complex financial information to provide to internal and external auditors, IRS, state examiners and other regulatory agencies, as assigned.
13. Prepares special reports and presentations as directed.
14. Serves in a group leader capacity to other accountants on selected projects.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in accounting, finance or business administration.
Prefer accounting major and degree. Licenses/Registration: CPA studies desirable
Experience: Six years accounting experience preferably in the insurance or financial service industries and within a specific product/business area.
Knowledge: GAAP and/or STAT knowledge and/or functional business area regulatory requirements.
Complex financial statement preparation including consolidation of companies/subsidiaries. Principles of taxation and the related impact on financial statement preparation. Accounting and/or business computer systems.
Company organizational structure and products and services.
Skills/Competencies: Verbal and written communication skills for internal/external contacts.
Ability to analyze, discover and solve accounting problems, to interpret financial statements and data and to analyze and interpret legal requirements.
Project management skills.
Ability to interpret changes in financial reporting and legal requirements relative to the impact on financial statement preparation and to the formulation of company or business area policies and procedures. Ability to effectively operate a personal computer and related software using advanced techniques.
Ability to apply accounting principles, theories, concepts and practices to specialized, unique and/or nonrecurring complex problems.Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process
Accountant , Financial , taxation , make financial reports , GAAP, STAT, CPA, accounting theories , concepts