Job Summary :
The Controls Engineer will work as a member of the Global Control Systems Center of Excellence supporting transport refrigeration system development. This role will support the execution of embedded controls development projects, working with the hardware, software, validation test, and system integration functions.
Job Description :
- Develop models for system level control algorithms and functionality that provide superior performance, enhance reliability and diagnostics.
- Execute simulation, rapid experiments and concept validation testing.
- Support system and sub-system level integration testing to insure control system behavior meets implicit and explicit requirements. Review and analyze system test data.
- Auto-generate code and work with software integration teams to build system functionality.
- Align with organizational development standards and processes.
- Collaborate with product management and system integration teams.
- Drive project execution and achieve project milestones.
Job Requirement :
- Understanding of control system design including instrumentation, HMIs, communication networks, and distributed systems.
- Classical control knowledge required (PID control, linear control, digital filtering). Advanced control knowledge preferred (modern control theory, model predictive control, non-linear control, adaptive control, fuzzy logic).
- Understanding of optimization techniques is preferred.
- Experience with model based design processes and modeling & simulation of complex systems is required.
- Proficiency with Mathworks tools such as Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow is required. Proficiency in SVN, Jenkins or Dymola beneficial.
- Experience with MAAB, J-MAAB, IEC 62304 or equivalents are preferred.
- Experience in automating processes is preferred.
- Knowledge in refrigeration, vapor compression or thermodynamics/fluid dynamics is a plus.
- Knowledge in compressors, engines or power electronics is a plus.
- Model based design/Model based control experience
- Auto-generate code from Simulink and Stateflow
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics.
- Minimum of 4 years in controls, electronics or systems engineering fields.
HMI, PID, LINEAR CONTROL, DIGITAL FILTERING, MATLAB, SIMULINK, STATEFLOW, CONTROL SYSTEM, EMBEDDED SYSTEMS, COMMUNICATION NETWORKS