- The Engagement Manager provides program management expertise and oversight of large software implementations of the Claim Performance products for the Healthcare Payor industry.
- This person is responsible for the effective coordination and project management of software implementations, internal and external status reporting, proactive issue triage, human resource responsibilities for the assigned team and the timely escalation of items for executive leadership review.
- Program management oversight requires working closely with assigned client(s), the implementation project team, relationship management team and the sales department to oversee the effective configuration, implementation, deployment and use of licensed products.
- This includes development of an overarching strategic vision which supports the goals and initiatives of both the client and McKesson to drive an ongoing escalating value across the solutions deployed.
- Lead the implementation and support of multiple, large, complex projects by working with a diverse, virtual, cross-functional team.
- Work closely with Account Management to manage the client and to define the client roadmap on an ongoing basis. Lead the Service Delivery Team to execute on the client roadmap.
- Manage the progress of the projects ensuring an on schedule, on budget delivery.
- Effectively manage change. Ensure that the project team is tracking to our contractual commitments.
- Coordinate and maintain interdepartmental relationships/dependencies associated with major software implementation projects.
- Utilize project management tools to facilitate planning and tracking of large, complex projects. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders for regular status reporting and on escalations.
- Build team environment. Assure effective project communication, managing expectations with all levels.
- Effectively manage conflicts. Maintain strong working relationships with team members and stakeholders at all levels.
- 4-year degree in Business Administration, Health Informatics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- PMP certification is strongly preferred.
- 3 – 5 years experience in IT Project Management with a minimum of 2 years in Software Implementation Project Management, preferably in a payor (Health Plan) environment with familiarity of claims processing and claims payment operations.
- Experience in Healthcare claims IT Project Management.
- Experience in software implementation project management including conflict resolution, resource allocation and prioritization.
- Demonstrated experience managing highly visible strategic and demanding customers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with significant visibility to the client executive teams.
- Strong foundation in project management principles, processes and methodology.
- Strong influential management experience.
- Must have strong and effective communication and presentation skills for effective communication and presentation skills for external client facing as well as internal communications
Claims Specialist, HealthCare, Medical, Project Manager