This AAA gaming studio is looking for a Narrative Technical Animator to join their team working on the next big shooter experience. As a Narrative Technical Animator, you will help create complex runtime narrative moments that blend across and utilize different animation systems. You will author or help others author these moments and work with Narrative Designers to help with the implementation into our engine. We are looking for someone with a strong technical and animation background and experience in runtime animation systems.
- Author or facilitate the implementation of complex narrative moments that seamlessly blend narrative and gameplay animation without breaking player immersion.
- Work closely with the animation director, technical animation director, narrative animation programmers, animators and technical narrative designers.
- Support narrative team by problem-solving and debugging narrative animation and gameplay animation systems used to build story moments.
- Help develop the industry’s best narrative animation workflow through regular feedback for UX designers and tools programmers
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years experience in games with at least one shipped title.
- Experience working with and implementing runtime narrative/cinematic systems a must.
- Authoring of animation trees, cinematic moments and state machines experience.
- Expert skills in Maya.
- Good understanding of algorithms, performance, optimization, and debugging.
- Understanding of modern runtime animation schemas.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Animation Experience
- Experience with motion capture.
- Comfort with scripting languages.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprints. **If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com**
Experience working with and implementing runtime narrative/cinematic systems a must., runtime narrative systems