Senior Backend Engineer:
Are you ready to be a part of an awesome mobile tech company?! Being a mobile company means that our goal is to surprise and delight our users, but we know that without a strong back-end infrastructure, our users might be surprised but they will certainly not be delighted. That’s where you come in. We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Backend team and take a leadership role in building out our services to support our mobile product and API endpoints. If you have an architectural mindset, a collaborative spirit, and the wherewithal to GSD, then this is the job for you.
What You'll Do:
- Strive to understand our mission, the current product, and how users are using it
- Collaborate with Product and Design to brainstorm new features to get to the right solution for problems that are real and worth solving for
- Ship software that matters to our users and to the company
- Make effective trade-offs between iteration speed, functionality, performance, extensibility, quality, and reliability to ensure that the business goals of feature, product and company were met at that point in time
- Lead feature team releases through full lifecycle - planning, design, implementation, prod deployment, customer feedback, support, and maintenance.
- Choose the right technology (e.g. storage option or open source library) with no unnecessary abstraction layers. Make pragmatic (often boring) technology choices at work and play in your free time (or whenever it’s appropriate). Don’t build science projects just because you are smart enough to build them
- Persist in the face of roadblocks; drive the process to dispatch them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary
- Proactively monitor system uptime and errors to drive us toward a high performing and reliable product
- Take a leadership role in implementing security and data protection
- 5+ years of professional experience using Django/Python framework
- Proven track record or building and managing server side applications & endpoints in a high-scalability / high-availability production environment
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging production issues. Including but not limited to django/python applications, database layer, caching, networking etc.
- Solid understanding of the whole web stack and how all the pieces fit together (front-end, server-side, database, network layer, etc.) and impact scalability & performance
- Ability and flexibility to determine the right architecture choices at different stages of the company/product
- Deep knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Superb communication skills, esp. with remote employees. We need someone who loves talking to people as much as coding/architecting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, Agile development environment
- Be humble enough to bend to the will of the frameworks, technologies, constraints, and people you work with when doing so won’t have a materially negative impact. In other words, you can play by someone else’s rules when that’s the easiest and/or best thing to do
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related degree
Nice to Haves:
- Experience building Real-time applications like Messaging
- Exposure to Elixir/Erlang
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Coverage
- Free Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, and Drinks
- Flexible Spending Account & Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- Weekly Lunch and Learns & Monthly Team Building Events
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
If interested, please email me your resume at Paul.Elias@Collabera.com!
Python, Django, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Elixir, Erlang, Celery