Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Location: Plano, TX 75024
Duration: 12 months + Possibility of Extension
Shift: Mon – Fri: 7AM-4PM or 8AM-5PM
• Research and identify client customer account numbers
• Post payment to customer accounts
• Prepare and post journal entries in PeopleSoft (our general ledger system)
• Prepare and complete bank deposits (added)
• Call and/or send letters to customers requesting account numbers
• Miscellaneous duties, as assigned
• Communicate with third party vendors (banks) as needed
• Must be knowledgeable in Excel & Word.
• All relevant training will be provided.
• The candidate must know 10-key by touch (please test for accuracy and speed), have a working knowledge of Excel and MS Word.
• Must possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• The candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment, be capable of juggling multiple tasks and must be able to prioritize and complete their tasks in a given day (volume of work varies).
• In addition, the candidate must be a self-starter, quick learner, accurate/detailed-oriented, and a team player.
Nice to have:
• The preferred candidate must have at least 2 years of clerical experience in general accounting.
• An accounting and/or banking, Customer Service, data entry background.
• A/R background strongly preferred
• Nice to have knowledge in Access, PeopleSoft
Accounting , Account, Bill, billing, Banking, Bank, Data entry, vendors, Peoplesoft, banks, Customer Service , Call center, Clerical, Excel, word, Spreadsheets, reports, Communication, General ledger, Payment, Payments, Accounts receivable , Accounts payable, Receivable