What will be this contractors primary day-to-day responsbilities?
- Build and maintain databases in test and production database environments on-prem and in the cloud.
- Administer, maintain and utilize policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the databases.
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Provide day-to-day customer support for projects, as well as run support to production in daily or emergency scenarios to resolve issues.
- Refresh/restore data loads into the databases.
- Develop and implement database performance monitoring process and analyze monitoring data for performance optimization opportunities.
- Create/Implement database maintenance plan to ensure data integrity.
- Backup and restore databases. Monitor the backup and recovery process.
- Proactively recommend enhancements to the application team to improve efficiency and performance.
- Occasional on-call and weekend release activities
Required and desired skills:
Years of experience required: 5 years of Oracle database administration
Oracle DBA, AWS, 12c, 11g, OEM, PostgreSQL