• Four Year College Degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 1 - 5 years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for identifying potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud reviews/investigations.
• Experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements preferred
• Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML.
• Knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements preferred
• General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management and Retail Banking preferred.
• Established business knowledge and comprehension of financial products.
• Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
• Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
• Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to multitask and complete projects on time.
• SAR Writing experience, specifically in retail banking, and more knowledge of AML Red Flags such as cash structuring.
• Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted.
• Should be a self-starter, and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, without supervision.
• Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus.
• CAMS certification preferred
SAR Writing , AML Investigation, Client Onboarding, Vlookup