Work Location West Deptford, NJ
Job Title Remittance Processing Associate II
Duration 03+ Months
- Must have previous banking experience
- Must have previous keying and alphanumeric experience
- Previously Lockbox experience is a plus
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Responsible for processing customer payments and exceptions in a timely and accurate manner to customer accounts.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares customer payments for processing.
- Coordinates set-up and maintenance activities for the remittance processor and related equipment.
- Performs research and adjustment activities.
- Processes exception items.
- Maintains inventory of remittance processing supplies.
- Prepares outgoing collection notices for negotiable instruments (e.g., bonds, food stamps, foreign items).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or GED is required for this role.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Capacity to lift or move up to 30 pounds
- Considerable knowledge of remittance processing
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in dealing with employees or external customers/clients
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and problem-solving techniques required to verify and distribute computer output
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and problem-solving techniques required to process client transactions and produce output through computer operations
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and problem-solving techniques involved in item processing
- Knowledge of client specifications for remittance processing
- Knowledge of off-line and peripheral equipment operation and maintenance
- Proficiency to assemble, organize and sequence work
Knowledge to identify errors in calculations and balances
Banking Clerk, Teller, Cashier, Data entry, Accounting, LockBox