Job Title System Administrator V
Location Richardson, Texas
Duration 12 Months
Role and Responsibilities
- Role will execute and oversee server patching during specified maintenance windows using a variety of mechanisms and tools including custom scripts and perform manual updates where required on more complex systems
- Role will execute pre-checks to help ensure successful patching events and post-checks to ensure system stability and configuration consistency
- Role will communicate regularly with application production support teams, platform engineering teams and systems operations teams
- Role will troubleshoot and resolve patch and server failures and escalate where needed.
- The person must be able to quickly identify network or infrastructure related problems and manage the remediation/escalation.
- This resource serves as a bridge in explaining symptoms and troubleshooting performed to global operations teams if necessary.
- Role will document and maintain operational procedures
- Responsible to develop a close partnership with Enterprise client support and have a working knowledge of their applications.
- Ability to work weekends
- Excellent attention to detail to follow documented procedures, ability to continually offer suggestions to simplify and improve procedures
- Experience and complete working knowledge of operating system base health/welfare and x86 midrange hardware troubleshooting.
- Experience in diagnosing, researching and resolving system platform related issues
- 5 years of experience with MS Server 2008 – 2019 OS variants and subsequent ability to support dependent technologies (Network, Storage, Clustering, etc)
- 5 years of experience working with servers in an enterprise environment consisting of 1,500 or more servers
- Cluster Administrator.
- VMWare Tools.
Windows, Other, Reporting, management, Powershell, Scheduling, Engineering, POS, Communication, Troubleshooting , Network, Clustering