Title: Technical Support Engineer - Tier 1
Duration: 6-7 week class training class on palo alto services, 6 CTH + possible extension
Location: Plano, Texas (WFH until further notice; will re-evaluate from there)*
- Provide Technical Support to customers and partners
- Provide configurations, troubleshooting and best practices to customers
- Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base.
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel may be required to customer sites in the event of a critical situation to expedite resolution.
- Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis.
- Set up equipment in the lab for replications
- Strong networking background
- Knowledge with TCP/IP
- Good knowledge with layer 1- 4 protocols (TCP / UDP)
- Good understanding of MAC / ARP / NAT / Route tables.
- Knowledge with DHCP / DNS
- Knowledge in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Knowledge with Security (IPSEC / SSL-VPN)
- Knowledge with Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet products a plus
- Knowledge with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Certifications such as Cisco CCNA and Juniper JNCIA are highly preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to listen and understand a customer problem or question to help them solve it.
- Excellent communication skills as it will be integral part of job (phone, email, documentation, etc.)