One of our largest Aerospace clients is looking for a Lead Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer to support multiple space programs in Puget Sound. This would be a Direct Hire - Permanent role.
- The Lead Mechanical Engineer is responsible for ensuring a comprehensive space vehicle design, with inputs from other design disciplines and systems engineering.
- This position requires sound technical judgment, and the ability to rapidly make decisions that balance the overall space vehicle design.
- Ideal candidates will possess strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- This position will require strong team-work and communication skills to effectively work across multiple program teams, internal organizations and assist our programs as we grow our team’s capabilities.
- This position is located in Tukwila, WA.
- Develop and verify space vehicle mechanical design
- Analyze and verify mechanical performance of hardware components a vehicle
- Perform detailed system design and verification activities
- Support system level integration and validation
- Analyze system level performance
- Perform analyses and trades in support of a rapid prototype system
- Manage performance of critical suppliers to ensure subsystem compliance and delivery
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics or related technical course of study is required
- 9 years or more of experience in spacecraft design
- Experience leading an integrated product multi-disciplinary team
- Experience incorporating design requirements from a multi-disciplinary team into mechanical design
- Experience integrating design at spacecraft level
- Experience working with spacecraft mechanical design
- Experience in supplier technical evaluation and technical performance management
- Experience in development, build and test of small and medium-sized space vehicles
- Experience in dynamic rapid prototyping environment
- Experience working on proprietary programs with a variety of Government entities in a classified environment
- Bachelor and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or Master+7 years' related work experience.
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Design, Engineering, spacecraft, design, space, development, prototype, aerospace, mechanical engineering